Was the set plugged in when the leak started? Any piece of equipment with
remote power-on capability has some portions live at all times when plugged
in and so there may have been damage due to short circuits etc. Substantial
damage could be done due to short circuits.
|NotTaR of Television Sets : TV was rained on
1994-2007, Samuel M. Goldwasser. All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of this document in whole or in part is permitted if both of the following conditions are satisfied: 1. This notice is included in its entirety at the beginning. 2. There is no charge except to cover the costs of copying.
I may be contacted via the Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ (www.repairfaq.org) Email Links Page.
<< Releasing 'demo' mode |
| TV was dropped >>
Otherwise, you may just need to give it more time to dry out. I have
had devices with keypads getting wet that required more than a week but
then were fine. There are all kinds of places for water to be trapped and
take a long time to evaporate.
If the set got wet while unplugged (in a leaky attic or wet basement), for
example, or it has a pull or click knob on/off switch, then give it time
to dry out - completely. Assuming all visible water is drained, a week
represents a minimum safe time to wait. Don't rush it.
Generally, some moisture will not do any permanent damage unless the
set was on in which case you will simply have to troubleshoot it the
old-fashioned way - one problem at a time.